Just installed and performed initial scan

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by JRCATES, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Well, I just downloaded and installed ewido anti-spyware 4.0.0.172 trial....and performed my first scan. Installation, setup and initial scan seemed to go pretty smooth, and the resident shield is active and doesn't seem to consume a lot of system resources. Nothing "major" was detected during the scan.....but it did detect several "cookies" that other AS programs (SuperAntiSpyware, Spyware Doctor, Ad-Aware, etc.) had not detected before.

The threat level was listed as "Medium".....and ALL of the cookies in question appeared to be located in two Mozilla (Firefox) folders. These locations were:

mozilla. C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\....

mozilla. C\Program Files\support.com\backup\co\cookies....

Since I have removed and deleted all cookies that I do not want, and have allowed other AS products to remove what has been considered "tracking" cookies previously.....is this just a "record" or log that ewido is reporting, rather than the actual cookies? I looked through the Firefox cookies listed through the Firefox browser (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies) and don't see any of the cookies that ewido has reported. What should I do?

If I add them as an "exception"....I notice that it adds a rule saying to "Ignore ALL FILES..." in those specific locations (rather than just the individual or particular cookie in question). Any advice o_O

2. JRCATES

Anyone o_O Almost 120 views with no replies....surely someone knows and can help answer this.....

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why do you care about cookies ? Cookies are not threat at all and you know that very well . Everyday I manually delete all cookies and temp stuff from my computer , you can do the same . Moreover it is even easier with Firefox cos it can be set to delete all temp things after being closed

4. JRCATES

Nice try, but NOT...the answer I was looking for. :doubt:

I'd really like to know the answer to this, so hopefully an ewido rep will see this thread (with 120+ views, I'm guessing one already has) and will provide some feedback.....

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ewido Moderators are currently off-line . :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.