just grabbed a few wsa 3 user packs but..

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zfactor, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I still have 848 days on my license.:cool:

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

thats what i did, they said due to the nature of the issue and possible fraud. materials they will have to investigate further before doing anything. the seller i bought from no longer has these listed now i checked this morning and they have none listed also their kaspersky listings are gone as well. and i tried the contact number i got from amazon for them and all i get is a voice mail that can not accept any more messages.

also i have been watching some of these on ebay and WOW i have seen more than 50 copies from just the sellers i have been watching sell since yesterday afternoon all the best buy versions. one seller has SOLD 30 in the last 2 days.

3. zfactor

joe pm sent to you with more info on these items.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  4. Baedric

Baedric Registered Member

Well hopefully either Amazon, or Webroot can help you out on this! Note to self, be careful with third party vendors on Amazon. While I think that most of them are legit, some probably are not.
    Good Luck!

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I echo this sentiment as well. While it looks like these packages are legitimate, they were acquired outside the normal chain before zfactor bought them. I definitely recommend buying specifically from the manufacturer or directly from a major reseller to ensure you get valid, working product every time.

6. zfactor

as i said im not the only one 3 people so far here said they have these keys. and they have sold a TON of them on ebay from my research. i sent you a response and hoping to get the rest resolved.

7. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I would try to resolve the issue using Webroot support. If you are unhappy with the results, I would let Joe know. This is what I will do when my current license expires in three months. As you know, I also have a BestBuy license.

8. zfactor

joe is helping for sure so far. and i am thankful for a company with AWESOME support. you reallt dont find this from to many of them nowadays. ill be sending him the lic's when i get back to the office as well as provided webroot with a lot of info on the subject and hopefully they can hunt down the source from some of it. so far i have to say thank you to joe and webroot and you really have changed my opinion of the company. i dropped avira on these systems to use webroot if that says anything.

its a shame when you think buying from amazon or a reseller through them that this happens. i happen to sell through amazon from one ofmy companies and they are very strict about their requirements and for one i am glad to see this seller pulled from there but there are many others i sent questions to asking if their copies have the orange label and was told they do so many of these for sale still on amazon as well as a ton on ebay.

9. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Honestly, I wouldn't go to Webroot support with these keys.

The sellers are selling you stolen merchandise, whether they know it or not. That means Webroot gets ZERO money from these. Asking Webroot support to support them just means that you are costing them money and not actually giving them any.

Take it up with the seller. Request a refund as you were alerted by the official company that the product is stolen. If the seller refuses to refund you, contest the charge. Downrate the item. Do anything you need to to keep the keys out of the hands of other poor, unsuspecting users. Because the more people who go to Webroot for help, the less likely Webroot is to help as they get more and more expenses with zero money in.

Edit: I realized I also sounded wrong. Don't go to support asking them to make it better for you and give you a year. Go to support if you want to help catch the crooks. :)

10. zfactor

i am already working on this with webroot and i can tell you these were not intentially sold as illegal. they were sold through best buy to outside companies through auctions. so they technically are not being sold illegally imo its really on best buy for this mess. i dont want to post all the info here but i have sent it to joe and he has all the info i have as well as i have sent info to the other companies involved and gave them the same info. and for me because of the help i have received i am contacting them to bring them in a as brand in my shop so in the end they will make money and have long time supporters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.