Just curious, anyone else running the Avira beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bigc73542, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Been running it for a short while and it seems to be doing well, the new proactive module in the Avira personal Free beta is working well as far as I have been able to test so far.

bigc

2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I would if I could set it to self-operation, but I guess that's only possible for paid-users... you don't happen to see that being a part of the new release?

3. bigc73542

I am not sure exactly what you mean but it is all running on access and on demand when called for.

4. raven211

Okay, atleast I quickly installed the newest Personal Edition (not beta as I've no registration), and in the Guard-settings, you can in the Premium version set the software to automatically take actions that you set in that section. This has not been and is still not possible in the Personal Edition for some reason.

With it in its default interactive mode (there's no "Combined" mode like for the On-Demand Scanner, which is a great new addition BTW), it for some reason won't do what you tell it to for a number of times. Maybe if you check the checkbox at the bottom of a prompt clearly stating "NOT RECOMMENDED". Right... I don't want you to do what I tell you to do - I want to say the same thing over and over, or I can check the checkbox to make you DO what I tell you to, but that's not recommended, no, no... :blink:

5. bigc73542

I just went to settings and it will carry out preset commands or use the combined actions.

Attached Files:

6. raven211

Yes, sadly this is only for the on-demand scanner and not available for the on-access scanner in any Personal Edition.

7. bigc73542

A little update, it is a beta program and as such it reared it,s beta head and I had to do an image restore on the HDD that it was installed on. It completely stopped all I/O and couldn't access anything couldn't even use safe mode. The mouse wouldn't even work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.