Just bought V5 - How to upgrade to V6?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Lilscoop, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilscoop

Lilscoop Registered Member

I haven't installed the V5 version into my computer yet, and I don't have any ESET or other antivirus on my computer. ESET had told me once I purchased V5, just enter my serial information on their website and then I can go straight for the V6 download but I don't see a place to do this. The links I see in ESET's website either assume I'm working with a previously installed V5 version or think I want to purchase V6 from them or download the 30 day trial. Anyone know how I enter the activation key I have from V5 and then go straight for the V6 download without first having to install V5 on my computer? Thanks!:blink:

UPDATE: Answered my own question. Found the Quick Start Guide which states to begin the V5 installation and ESET will automatically recognize there is a later version available (V6) and provide the option at that point to download the latest version instead.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. wolliballa

wolliballa Registered Member

Just to add to your lucky experience:
    You can always download a full up-to-date version of any product following the download link at e.g. http://www.eset.com/download/home/ , select product you want and discover 'more options' which will allow you a full version (offline installer) fit for your operating system.

If you install a new version just over a running one (which is normally the case) you don't even need to re-enter your id/psw- data. But you may want to keep a printed copy of your purchase-order including license date at a safe place (just in case you need to do a fresh re-install)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.