Just bought TI 8.0; can't get update

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dave_X, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_X

Dave_X Registered Member

I'm new. Hello. Plzd2 meech'all. :D

I got the TI 8.0 demo and successfully used it :D . So I bought the real thing.

I got TI 8.0 Thursday and registered it, but I do not see any downloads for the latest build, 903. What I have is build 768. Since I'm assuming that the demo was the latest build, I'm assuming that upgrading to 903 will solve my problems. o_O

At www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/products, I see:
    My Products
    Register new product(s)
    There are no updates available. :(

If I try to register [again], then at www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_l_s_e.exe, I see:
    Please check the following:
    xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx — Serial Number is already registered
    [of course, that ^^^^ is NOT my serial #!]
    So the product IS registered.

I need the new build because I'm getting errors. :mad:

In Windows, I get: ERROR E00070021: Cannot create the image of the logical drive because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors."
    [It doesn't. I've run CHKDSK /R as well as scandisk from within Windows--no problems; new 160GB SATA drive.]

If I boot from rescue CD, I get: E000101F4: ATI has not found any HD drives.

I already reported via email to acronis support. Case # 327889 is the complete post, but in it I didn't mention the registration problems since I didn't know at the time. Since I also posted under # 327877 [but it was very incomplete--delete it? :oops: ], I'm reluctant to post AGAIN, so I'm here, hoping for a quick way to download the right build.

To make matters worse, I've now registered under TWO e-ddresses, but neither shows any available updates and neither shows any registered products. I'm NOT having a good day/ :'(

Dave

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dave,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

There is a problem with your serial number since it is already registered for another person. We will contact you via e-mail to solve the issue but we may need some more information from you (such as where you purchased the product, etc.). We will request all the necessary information via e-mail because it is unsafe to post confidential data on open Forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Dave_X

Dave_X Registered Member

I realize it's a weekend, but I'd kind of like an update on my apparent registration problem [case #327889]. It's only been 8 hours since I heard that news, but might I find out how to fix it today? Sunday? Monday?

Do I have to wait till my software vendor replies to Acronis? THAT could take awhile.

SURELY the vendor is legitimate. I've read lots of good [and bad] about them at epinions and the like.

Also, please tell me if it's likely or not that updating to build 903 will correct my errors.

I just need some GOOD computer news for a change. Haven't had much lately. Can't print, fax, network, or get help. Hard to believe that I can send email or surf web. Need ATI to get on the road to recovery. I THOUGHT I was there when the software arrived Thursday.

Dave

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dave,

I have answered you via e-mail concerning the problem with the serial number. As for the errors with the software functioning, it is likely that the latest build can solve them. Please note that you will need to create new Acronis Bootable CD with the latest build.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Dave_X

Dave_X Registered Member

I just thought it might be good to end this thread by saying that my problem is what precipitated the new sticky post about illegal software. :eek:

I'm not dishonest :D ; I'm not dumb :p ; just slow :D .

.... no... wait ... I'm dumb :p .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.