Just a question on Avast...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Avast Home, I think is one of the best free antivirus coz it has 6 protection modules that gives users more confidence in surfing safely the cyberspace.

But, is it okay if we just enables the 3 modules instead of using them all? Just the basic protection modules like the Resident Shield, Network Shield and Web Shield...and we are still protected from other things around? Because some antivirus maybe is more lighter coz they don't have lots of protection modules like avast has.

I was then thinking that everything will pass thru the Web Shield and Network Shield, and then even if they are able to passed thru the pc and are already inside the sytem the virus will still be detected by the Resident Shield. Am I right?

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Sure, why not? I'm using it this way most of the time when i'm using it.

3. TAP

TAP Registered Member

For optimum protection, I think you need at least 4 providers

1. Standard Shield: basic real-time file scanner
    2. Web Shield: HTTP traffic scanner
    3. Network Shield: network traffic scanner

4. Internet Mail: it's still useful even you don't use any e-mail client program (e.g. Outlook Express), Internet Mail has some kind of proactive detection (to detect/prevent mass-mailing worms, botnet, etc.) that monitors suspicious mass-mailing behaviors and prevents the spread of worms to friends, family, and co-workers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.