Just a Ello and a big Thanks..

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by K0zani, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K0zani

K0zani Registered Member

Hello to y'all,

This is definatly not a " I have a problem thread ".

I just wish to give all of you mods, admin., members a big Thanks for all you have done so far. I have been a Wilder's Web Watcher (WWW for short, grinz), for a long time and, in this past year, started reading the forums. Not only have I gleaned/acquired new, relevant, and problem solving skills and information, but many new (all free mostly) programs as well. This was mostly through all the cries for "help" you answered from the unfortunate/unknowlegable ones.

This is definatly not a " I have a problem thread " as I have said (and with any luck and vigilance (and keep on reading all (old and new) posts, hopefully it will never be). With all the reading I have done here (and the main WS page originally for programs) as a guest, I have solved worm,trojan, maleware, software, etc etc issues/problems. I probably am repeating myself here, but, I just wish to Thank You All.

Everyone of you....... past/present/and hopefuly more in the future whom give up thier time and skills for this and us non techie/geekers. Not to leave out all the programmers whom make up a lot of these programs (especially the ones that are freeware, or free for personal use) that help and secure our computers!

Please keep up the good work!

A Two Thumbs Up Forum Award

K....

wavez~

P.S. I just did not wish to be a anonymous guest anymore and say this, well anonymously!

(now crosses fingers and sacrifices a few virginal spammers (on The Altar of The Goddess of Computers & Net) to the Wilder's group that I just did not jinx my pc)

~Paranoid?? No, I am not overly paranoid, why do you ask?! A healthy amount of paranoia is good for the soul and your computer. I know they are out there and out there to get you!~

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am really glad that you picked up some useful information here at wilders. I hope you show up more often now that you have a user name and we know who you are. ;)

be looking for your post's

bigc

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

May I add a welcome K0zani? It's nice to know who you are talking to in the forums. :)

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Welcome from me also K0zani :)

TAS

5. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    A warm welcome to the club of the priviliged, KOzani.
    My hopes and wishes: soon you'll be OKzani ;)

cu around!
    regards,
    slammer:)

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Greetings KOzani :D,

Three thumbs-up from me to the forums, good info and humor :D.

I also share your sentiments. Enjoy the stay and have fun...

GF ;)

7. K0zani

K0zani Registered Member

Thanks for the warm embrace.

I should state, I believe his name is Paul Wilder for starting all this and a big applause for his work and his team.

I am not much of a poster, more of a reader and wishing to learn even more. Hmmm, there where two main reasons I registered, 1/ For the reason I first posted and I felt recognition to the few whom help the many is important to me and should be to everyone. 2/ I read in another recent thread how a member (who's stuff I have read, and found informative), was feeling out of place and thought he was not being treated fairly. That one actually reinforced my first reason and I think he should stay and cool off, by not taking it to heart as he has. He seems a good soul and one of many I have seen around here (and hopefully he will not get to annoyed at my mentioning all this, I am running out of virginal spammers)!

I have gone through what he is expeirencing and more over the past while. Why, no damn idea other then they are out there and up to no good. Regardless, I felt it was time to learn what to do and, here and another forum I started my journey. Rather then asking and stuff, I felt it was more important to read and learn if the same thing happened to others and what was done about it.

Believe me, it was frustrating and no fun (at first) to learn all this. The learning curve goes on. But, enough about me and really this is not about me or any individual. More the team of you all here and those in thier own web pages (making the programs and thier teams) that make a diffrence. You deserve the recognition.

Too often, many feel isolated or frustrated and have no idea what to do and how. They also take things personally and wonder why is this happening to me, what did I do wrong, or wrong to someone. Folks it is happening to all of us, even the knowledgable ones. The support from the "official program folks or IP's" mostly goes by the wayside (not all though, as I have noticed some good support/help techs/teams).

IT took a while to figure in which part of this over all forum to post this. It was the security part of the forums, I started to read first and felt more relevant to my problems and situation. From there, I branched out and started reading everything. It is amazing at what you can learn by doing all that and cross reading across the whole forum. So here I, we are.

Btw, It is a good idea for anyone new ( believe they call them newbies around here, hey that probably is what I am, damn) to really read what is here before they post. For the simple reasons, that a/ there might be a solution allready related to what they have, b/ would give them a better idea what to show and how to present thier question before anyone reads to reply. Which all comes down to time and time well spent for everyone.

Well then, I will continue to read and be around though as I mentioned, I am not much of a poster, and usually I try to figure out what to do on my own. Darn how many times I have had to redo what I had done originally, Oi! Only way to learn unfortunatly, (shakes head at all that).

You can see by how short this reply is (grinning), I am not much of a talker. Btw, yes, I do prefer humor to the morbid fascination of being overly serious, or taking oneself, life and the computer too seriously. Sometimes, we should all just click the off button and go for a walk outside, play with the familly dog, kids etc etc (java! that always helps me), before we DO ANYTHING! Then calmly re-read and re-look and re-do for the answer to happen properly.

Oh, btw, mentioning java, if anyone wishes to enjoy a delicious way of drinking cold coffee let moi know. I will be happy to post (at least that) how to make a greek frappe'. Darn stuff has helped me through many dire situations. I think it was just the effort of being in the kitchen and making it while pondering the situation (which really does not take long) and a solution.

Thanks again.

Keep up the good work~

K....

PS. I have run out of virginal spammers (amazing how quick a spammer loses thier viriginity) and now have had to sacrifice the two motherboards from the computers the hackers/virus's trashed. Stuff really smells awful in a fire! Though I will keep the two hardrives ready incase my pc ~burps wierd~.

Pps or is that Pss. (never sure on that one) Slammer, what is a 0kzani, and should I ask?? Really thinking I should not ask!

~Paranoid?? No, I am not overly paranoid, why do you ask?! A healthy amount of paranoia is good for the soul and your computer. I know they are out there and out there to get you!~

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

An excellent first two posts, and appreciated! Welcome to Wilders, though you have been for a while :D

Be sure to ask any questions you have in the forums that you don't already find an answer to!

9. K0zani

K0zani Registered Member

Thanks Big D..

would be interesting and fun to have a online family with the same interests in securing our computer time legitametly.. can sorta kinda say.. "ish happy with the ole ummm, new (ole, hmm not saying anyone is old btw) group"

and yes.. I have a long list of things I would so happily like to find a answer to.. even computer related problems!

Cheers~

K...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.