Jump Drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Beach, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beach

Beach Registered Member

This has been posted before, but no answers have been given. Can you boot a Jump Drive by making it bootable with TI8?? No 1.44's available on workstations, and CD's are disabled on Client workstations. TIA :-*

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Beach

1. Check your BIOS can be set to boot from USB but don't change it yet.

2. Plug in your USB flash drive and ensure it can be detected by TI after booting into rescue mode. To check this without floppy or CD support you will need to start TI in Windows mode and then choose to restore an active, primary, partition image previously created on another partition or second HD. You will be prompted to reboot your computer. After rebooting into the Linux based rescue mode, either choose to Create or Restore an image and check whether your Jump Drive has been detected (ignore the drive letter assigned to it by TI).

3. If everything's o.k. up to this point then close down TI and reboot into Windows. Restart TI in Windows mode and run the Bootable Rescue Media Builder. Select your Jump Drive as the destination and create the bootable image. That should be it. All you need to do now is set the first boot device in your computer BIOS to USB and away you go (hopefully!!).

Regards

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  3. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try when I get to work. Just wondering if anyone else had any success up to this point trying it. I am having a problem making it a boot disk right now, so I hope that TI will jump in and make its bootsect a little easier to use. Thanks again.

4. jalexartis

jalexartis Registered Member

I followed the instruction above on a 128 MB flash drive. The drive was formatted within ATI8 and files transferred. ATI reports I have successfully created a boot floppy.

Within the BIOS, the USB flash drive [recognized a HDD] is set to boot first.
    On boot, I receive this error: "Invalid or Damaged Bootable Partition."

So, what is wrong here? What do I need to do differently? Is this a Tablet PC anomaly?

My environment is:

True Image Corporate Workstation (build 912) 11/26/04.
    Computer: Motion Computing M1400 Tablet PC
    O/S: Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, with SP2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.