JS/TrojanDownloader.Pegel.BR

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JH99, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JH99

JH99 Registered Member

For several days my NOD32's POP3 filter has been detecting incoming emails as having the a "JS/TrojanDownloader.Pegel.BR trojan". I've rarely gotten any infected emails, but now I'm getting 20+ per day. I don't see any reports indicating that this is an internet-wide phenomenom, so I'm wondering if I've been infected with something else that's publishing my email addresses (multiple addresses). I also can't find this trojan listed in ESET's knowledgebase. What is it?

Should I be concerned, or is everyone getting hit with this thing?

Thanks

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. vtol

vtol Registered Member

sound more like either your email is on a spammer's list or most probably somebody who has your email address stored got infected and is spreading now. but your email provider should pick it up in the first place, unless you run your own email server

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

There was a window when the common spam processors (Spam Assassin, Barracuda) weren't filtering this one. There's nothing wrong with your system, everything worked as it should.

5. JH99

JH99 Registered Member

Thanks JRViejo. I hit that page when I Googled TrojanDowloader.Pegel, but the page is for "Wins32/Netsky.Q Worm". Where do I look to see that the two are related?

6. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

JH99, SmackyTheFrog is correct, with the link being relative to a current threat.

The link I provided was for Pegel.BR that day and that's why you see it differently today.

Perhaps this Month Analysis for 2010/06 will offer a better picture, with Pegel.BR residing in the top 10 for the month of June.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.