Jotti's malware scan UPDATED!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kye-U, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

I've noticed some new AVs included in the scan, mainly:

NOD32, Fortinet (mks_vir and ClamAV?)

Good work Jotti! :cool:

2. Culvin

Culvin Registered Member

You beat me to it. I just came here to post this.

However, Fortinet is the only new scanner. And this is the first I've heard of it.
    http://www.fortinet.com/

3. TAP

TAP Registered Member

Actually, Fortinet is not the new-commer in this market, it's been here over 5 years, I think.

Fortinet mainly focuses on network-based antivirus hardware for large network (e.g. VPN) not traditional host-based antivirus, its well known enterprise-class products such as antivirus firewall series.

I know from somewhare that Joe Wells the founder of The WildList Organization works there and Fortinet firewall antivirus/FortiClient (enterprise internet security-like) detection rates mainly/solely focus on today's most dangerous malware (ITW+Supplemental Lists, trojans, spyware, adware and others that really still circulating in the real world) but definitely not Zoo malware by its desing for optimizing speed and accelerate of hardware processing, so I think its overall detection rates should very very low (as some traditional AV such as Norman) but that's not the problem for product purposes and it's good for some aspects, vice versa.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  4. TAP

TAP Registered Member

AVG Anti-Virus is now included. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.