Joining Acronis TIB Files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robs_maxwell, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robs_maxwell

robs_maxwell Registered Member

Does anyone know how I can merge 2 image files (tib) that were split into 4gb chunks back into 1 complete file? I.e. Part1.tib + Part2.tib = One whole image file.tib

I am trying to restore an image I made and TI doesnt seem to detect that there is another file to continue with after it has restored part 1.

Maybe joining the two files together will fix the problem.

Hope someone can help!
    Thanks,
    Robin.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

If they really are chunks of a larger contiguous file you could probably merge them with a copy /b f1 + f2 [+ ...] fout

However, I have not idea whether Acronis stores metadata in each file or whether they simply rely on the filenames. No doubt someone in the know can comment.

F.

3. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Can you post the specific names of the two .tib files?

What location are they in, eg: DVD, ext. USB, internal data/system HD, secure zone?

Are they full drive/partition Images, or Files and Folders BUs?

Did you Verify the Archive when it was created?

Which version of TI are you using, and, is it the same version you used to create the archives?

What is the specific error message do you get when you say that TI doesn't recognize the second file?

I'll add that .tibs need to be in the same folder to be restored, need to have the correct original names, are often best restored from internal HD rather than optical media, and must be restored using the correct version of TI (earlier versions of TI won't work with archives made with recent builds.)

I would also suggest that you do NOT tamper with the split files...as Acronis created them as split files, and will quite likely have nothing to do with a file you create from the two halves. FAT32 partitions, like the Acronis Secure Zone, automatically split files into @ 4 GB pieces, which is normal file system behaviour, and should have no impact on their integrity, or their abilty to be restored.

Regards

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.