JkDefragGUI 1.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tepe2, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I really liked Mr. Wieldraaijer's GUI but it has grown beyond what I wanted (dare I say it's becoming bloated??) Plus, it now downloads JkDefrag when the GUI is first ran. Which is NOT something I want it to do.

Anyway, my fav is now JkDefragStarter http://www.jkdefragstarter.de.vu/ (The program is in english but the web page is not. When I first started using the GUI, I translated it via Google. Anymore, I don't bother unless he has changed the version (to see what's new.)

BTW... JkDefrag is now up to 3.31!

3. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

A lesson I learned is do not use JK for defragging your ATI image backups-this was done accidentally and caused corruption,I think.

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I prefer not to use GUI, it's just a hassle to me...more size to live in my hard drive...and beside JkDefrag is upgraded almost every week (:D maybe, twice a month). Anyway, it still does its job effectively even without GUI. :cool: ;)

And I think, this is the fastest to upgrade defragmenter in the world today, and that is aside from its amazing defragging speed and features that makes u wonder why it's free and the size that cute.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  5. Arup

Arup Guest

Everything is excellent about J.K except it sorely needs a boot time defragmenter. The GUI is excellent on its own, it does auto update of the program so for those not keeping track with frequent J.K. updates, its a boon. Also makes it friendlier for non command prompt familiar users which form majority of MS users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.