Jimbob1989's last thread

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Jimbob1989, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Jimbob, good luck. but, i dont feel you need to make a new start, not in the sense you described. maybe theres some things you want to, and will, change to better yourself, which will be good. but, you shouldnt feel you need to change your online identity.

if you go over and analyse things you've posted they'll seem far worse then they really are. also, incase you didnt know, most people here are alot older then you, almost all teenagers would, and do, stand out here just because of the age difference and quite right too. so, what ever you do just remember theres an edit button; if you dont like what you posted use it :cool:

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

And if you wait to long to edit or delete your post, just PM a mod and we will see what we can do about it ;) ...

3. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

Here I go, the yakker extraordinaire lately- and brand new to this forum- but I want to support yet again what so many have voiced insofar as we can offer JB what we might have to say:

1) Young folks are going to go through magnification of emotions and reactions to what they witness around them (over amp and get bent out of shape easily and take things more personally or reflective of THEIR worth than is really necessary), and that's just part of growing up and gaining life experience/wisdom.

2) In time you generally realize, if you stay halfway sane, that you cannot and yet also do not want to deny, forget or feel shame about stuff you did or felt on the way to becoming more grounded as a person- it will prove to be your source of insight, those rough spots. (And to tell the truth, the older you get, the more you see your human tendency to make mistakes is never going to just stop- but you just get more able to spot them, forgive yourself and learn quicker from them, I think).

3) And this is something I feel I tried to stress to JB and want to emphasize again- a young man who is so forthcoming about his feelings, doubts, wishes, concern for doing good, etc. iis a person on the right avenue- and at the correct bus stop, but the bus maybe isn't always there right when he wants it to be, and it may start raining like hell when he's tryng to be patient, but at least he's at the bloody bus stop instead of wandering around looking for it still.

4) That JB's at the bus stop is very good, but he needs also to be able to ask the driver once boarding where exactly his stop puts him in relation to the address he's headed to, since he's unsure of that yet. This is a metaphor for reaching out PERSONALLY to other people in this life. Get out and hang with more kids, JB. The illusory social benefit of banter online is understood by your elders to be what it is, entertainment and intellectual stimulation, but no real substitute for real-life interactions with others, especially at your age. You cannot get the street numbers on the busline map. They're not there. You gotta talk to someone who's right there to find out.

Godspeed to JB, and to those who have put up with the Gal's pervasive ramblings of the past week. I'm glad we all had a chance, though, to reflect on what's been brought up by JB as of late.

4. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

JimmyBoo,

You can run, but, you can't hide - from yourself. Sooner or later, you will run smack into yourself -at least here you have been adopted - people care about you - now care about them, learn from them! What you got will pass, really it will! It's just hard to step back to really look at your life objectively, but, WE can!:D

Besides, I will TRACK you down, boy - then you will be grounded for -A VE-RY VERY LOOONG time!! Y'hear me?!! You keep in touch with your friends here!

:ninja:Marja:cool:
    (in MOM+ MODE)

5. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

If you would like to stay in touch, pm me or post here.

Jimbob

6. Terryala

Terryala Rest in Peace

As I said in my last post change is good. I'm 70 years old and I'm still finding that to be true. Like Galcoolest I have been home recovering::: from the big one.

But I think if you take the time to read what has been posted here by all you will learn alot about yourself and the people here who care.If: is the big question we all face when we are young saddly it is a fact of life. I look back and ask If I had done it this way or that what would life be like now for me and family. No ones knows what the future holds for us all we try to do is learn from our mistakes and go on.

Listen to the Elders and what they have to say as most have been there.

Enough of my thoughts for now.

Grand Dad

7. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I'm staying as I am, Jimbob1989 lives on. I have been doing a lot of thinking recently and I decided, I can't run away for ever.

Thanks Marja (Mom (2))

Jimbob

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  8. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

People DO know, you are only as bad as you want to be! Nothing is set in stone - everyday is a chance for change - it's up to you - no one can do it for you.

Be Still, Listen to your heart, not others' words!?! Wish we could get you to see the light that is at the end of your tunnel, JimmyBoo!

Take care,

Marja:cool:

9. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

The trouble with the light at the end of the Tunnel, can quite often be a Train coming the other way..........

Byeee! Cochise, :blink: :-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.