Jimbob1989's last thread

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Jimbob1989, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Recently, I have told some of you of my somewhat colourfull past

In approximately one week, I am going to take another online indentity, using new email address' and forum user names. I will be using a different IP address and my identity will be secure.

The reason for me doing this is because, I want a new start. I don't want to be remembered for my previous mistakes, some of which I have not even told you guys about.

If there is anyone who would like to say goodbye, or would like me to add them to my new identity, please pm me, or post here.

Jimbob :'(

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jimbob, Good luck with your new identity, shame about this one :p

Pilli ;)

3. Terryala

Terryala Rest in Peace

Change is good. Do what is best for you and don't look back.

Grand Dad

4. dog

dog Guest

You can't keep running forever.

But that's your choice ... Good luck with your next creation.

So long. ;)

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

So, you like to ride the waves of your own turbulence.........?

Remember JB.......for most of us, our opinion of ourselves is like that of a shadow....."it is either too big, or too small" ;) Change is good.......remain flexible. :)

GF

6. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

And try to be like water...
    that never remains rooted
    that never stops
    that is shapeless
    and that is forceful
    G'luck m8.
    regards.
    no13.

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Jimbob,

(Keeping in mind that everything you are about to hear is MY opinion, and I've been known to be wrong lots of times):

Are you willing to hear the truth? Don’t say "Yes" lightly, make it sincere. I believe you CRAVE ATTENTION in the worst way. Whether you did not get enough attention from your mother, or been rejected by girls you had crushes on, or whoever at this point is probably irrelevant. Trying to grab attention at Internet forums can be annoying and can get people booted out, is this what has happened to you at other forums?

This probably would never happen to anyone at Wilders, folks here are too tolerant and loving and I am constantly learning about those beautiful traits from the beautiful folks here, and many times it humbles me and makes me wish I was more like them. If I am right about any of this, and that’s a BIG if, may I suggest trying to become interested in others instead of trying to make others interested in you. Hope my words were not too harsh but sometimes the truth hurts and THAT’s when real and true growth can begin. Hearing the truth, if that's what I just vomited out, can be the best kind of pain and beautiful things can come from it, believe me, I’ve been there.

Acadia

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  8. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Been there too, and I have to second this brave posting from Acadia.
    No offense, Jimbob (or anyone else) but there's lots of wisdom in above words....read them carefully before reacting. Well, I did...;)

regards,
    slam

9. new girl

new girl Registered Member

Acadia:

You have written some wise words and very good advice! Keep in mind, though, this is a very inexperienced young man and yes, he is craving attention but in my view he is attempting to do it in a positive manner as opposed to acting out in a negative manner and who better to do this with than smart and caring people such as yourself and the other wonderful members of this forum. I hope he will take your suggestion and find a happy medium between getting the positive attention he needs while at the same time learning how to share the limelight by giving others their due attention to.

Jimbob:
    Good luck to you with your new start. I am sure along with changing your nickname you are also working on changing the behavior that caused you the problems necessitating you taking this step. Growth in any area, Jimbob, is a very good thing! ;)

10. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

Good luck, JB.

As you know, I tried to help you and wrote you privately about how I can relate to some of things you're going through and offered what advice I could. I was saddened that you became defensive and told me to get lost, but that's okay, I am a big girl and did my best, and realize you are at an age that was tough for all of us.

Try to take Acadia's words to heart- he means them empathetically- he understands, as do a lot of us.

I've been laid up at home recently and have been posting probably more than I should (getting pesky), so I listened to Acadia's advice and thought about how it applies to me, too! Being stuck alone all day has caused me to crave attention and interaction with others, but there's a point at which it's going to get annoying. So don't feel scapegoated by any means, lots of folks need to evaluate their actions in the light of day, and the goal is to just to improve as best you can.

Onward and upward!

11. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Dear Galcoolest,
    Having read some of your postings I have to compliment you with your style, wisdom and the respect you're showing to others (and life in general).
    I enjoy reading these.

Therefore I'd like to reward you with a karma-cookie* :)
    Welcome to Wilders!
    It suits you.

(*For old-time sake!!! Try figure that one out; you're smart enough for it by my guess ;) )

[applause]
    slam:cool:

12. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Righto!
    Here are some suggested aliases for you to think about.
    They should ensure total anonymity:
    Jamesrobert 1989 :D
    JR1989 :D :D
    Bobjim1989 :D :D :D
    Thisisdefinitelynotjimbob1989 :D :D :D :D
    Seriously...keep in touch.
    Buck.

13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I'm afraid that, at the end of the day Jim, your stuck with that dreaded disease called 'Puberty'.....and there isn't a cure yet.....It's were your Hormones shake a 'Double six' and decide to go off and do their own thing, and what makes it worse, they don't listen to reason, there's nothing you can do about, just do your best to live through it, then one day you will look back on it as a bad dream.....if your lucky.... :D.........You are NOT unique...we know, we've been there, all of us, (Of a certain age which shall not be revealed) :D ......at least you can get help...nobody knew what the Hell was wrong with us when we went off Screaming into the night.. :D :D :D.

Live with it, you'll survive, believe me, Life really isn't that difficult, RELAX, stop trying to hard.....be a kid and do kid things.........Your life will whizz by in a flash soon enough if you don't keep an eye on it, hang on as long as possible to every day, don't let time slip through your fingers, take my word for it, you will need every second quicker than you think, just enjoy what you have and who you are.......

Cochise, :cool:

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Best words of advice in this whole thread. If only I had heeded such advice in my twenties ... and thirties ... and forties ... and ... :doubt:

Acadia

15. Galcoolest

Slam,

Thanks for the very kind and much appreciated words...

Now, let's see if I can get this right-

In the old days I was baking a lot of delicious karma cookies, but the late 20th century's pressures got to me for a bloody long while, and I got so disorganized I misplaced the recipe.

Luckily, after going through all the sorts of crap like our pal JB is now experiencing, and getting through the other hassles of my 20's and 30's, I finally slowed down and made time to do a thorough cleaning of the house, and relocated the recipe! Some of the ingredients are no longer available, it seems, but I'm working on improvising with it so they come out as tasty as they used to be! Thanks for sharing one of yours! (Can I cop your recipe sometime?) :D

16. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

We used to have this fantastic Griddle that turned Karma Cookies out by the ton.....then Whooosh....it had gone and left us all Cookiless.....I miss them damn Cookies.....but maybe it's a good thing.....just maybe we are all 'Cookie' enough..... :D :D

CoCookiechise, :cool:

17. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Jimbob, the very best advice I can give you is to get out and join a few of your passions, join anything from a Chess Club to a Rock Climbing Club and excel in it. If you haven't tried any of these things, just join up until you find one that becomes a passion. This will bring you into contact with live people that will in turn bring friendship and expand your life experiences beyond your computer... In time it will give you a good grounding in life...

I wish you all the very best...

Cheers :D

18. Galcoolest

Hey CoCookie-

Did you mean "cooked" enough? I actually think one must stay cooked on the cookies once she gets her hands on them... or else will be likely to go for getting cooked on drugs and booze, an all too common subsitutionary move around these parts....

19. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

New starts are good. But not on the Internert. You have produced some interesting threads. Some fact mixed with fiction ;) and turmoil. You seem to have a desire to just be YOU. No matter what nick you pick or IP you poroxy what you say or do will still be you. Here at Wilders you have developed friendships. I have seen many people post, who then in a brighter day determined they wished they had not. When they handed me an orange here at Wilders....

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55149&highlight=Primrose

I posted this..

"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor to measure words but to pour them all out, just as it is, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keeping what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away."George Elliot

I trust you will find what you seek.

20. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Nope Galcoolest, by 'Cookie' I meant 'Odd', 'Strange', 'Happily Not always Home', 'Slightly off the Wall' :D etc., but GREAT company and a pleasure to be with and a part of....In a word, my kind of people.....
    The way I look at things is, you don't need something Serious to kill you, you just need to be too serious......... :D :D :D

Regards,

Cochise, :cool:

21. Galcoolest

"The way I look at things is, you don't need something Serious to kill you, you just need to be too serious......... "

Okay explain those words of yours to me, too--I must be thick or starting to get some of the Florida idiocy moving in by osmosis or something....

22. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Jimbob1989. a fresh start is sometimes a good thing, just don't let the real you get lost in all the different id's

good luck

bigc

23. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

… and make that "fresh start" sincere and honest, not yet another excuse to force a new crowd of folks to become interested in you

Again, good luck (and that IS sincere)
    Acadia :)

24. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Good words there Curt.

I think that one of the hardest things to do in life is to realize that you can not escape from the past. It would be great if you could just start fresh today as a completely new identity, but that is hard, if not impossible to do. I, like a lot of others, have done things in my past that I am not proud of today, things that I really wish others did not know about. But they do or eventually do if I let them into my life. The wisdom of it all, for me at least, is being able to take these bad things from the past, look at them and learn from them. This will help us make changes in ourselves for the better. It is kind of like the saying "making good out of bad". I am one with the philosophy in life that all happens for a purpose. Our task is not to try to figure out why it happened but learn from it, turn it into a good thing. After all, our past is what has made and shaped us into who we are today. If we look at the past as bad, it will have a negative impact on us today. Our past can be bad, but we can grow and learn from that to be a better person now and in the future. The people around me know where I have been and how I have used these bad experiences in the past to make me a better person today. So today, I would not go back and change anything that at the time I thought was bad, because they have made me who I am now.

I guess what I am basically trying to say is this, do not run from the past or let it haunt you. It may be difficult now, but confront the past, learn from it, and use it to grow and become a better person. Turn the negative into something positive.

I hope somebody out there can understand my ramblings. Better stop before I lose everybody ;) ....

25. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Don't be feeding Paint any of those biccy's...he will get sea sick. ;)

Put away the cake. Pass the spinach. Popeye celebrates his 75th birthday this year, animated evidence that a steady diet of leafy green vegetables and pipe smoking can guarantee you Hulk Hogan forearms as a septuagenarian.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/horoscopes/10174749.htm?1c

"I yam what I yam and that's all I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popeye

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday
    for a Hamburger today."

http://www.popeye-n-olive.com/wimpy.htm

@ Jimbob

Since you know where to find the entire cast at Wilders Security Forum after you bury the Jimbob1989 I leave you with this L'envoi.

J. WELLINGTON WIMPY'S
    APOSTROPHE TO A DESERT DAISY
    http://www.popeye-n-olive.com/wimpy.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.