Jimbo

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jrgodfrey, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrgodfrey

jrgodfrey Registered Member

I originally purchased TrueImage 6.0 in 2002 and have been generating backups ever since. 2 days ago I needed to restore my main C drive and couldn't and I need help.

I have an HP Omnibook 6000 laptop (2000) with 384 MB memory, 12 GB disk (C, D, G partitions), a built in CD reader drive, an external diskette reader connected via printer port, an external CD Writer connected via USB port. I created all backups on CD Writer.

When I purchased TrueImage at a store, I received a CD that said it was also a bootable CD. When I boot my PC with this bootable CD in CD Reader, Acronis menu comes up but I can't read my backups from CD Writer. I also downloaded a trial version of TrueImage 9.0 and created a bootable diskette (8 diskettes) and a bootable CD. Neither of these work as well. I tried just about every combination I could think of; one completely hung my system.

Help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jrgodfrey,

Could you please clarify your problem with Acronis bootable CD? Did you see your CD Reader booting from bootable CD? What do you mean by "I can't read my backups from CD Writer"? What error did you get?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. jrgodfrey

When booting from the CD boot, the system does attempt to boot because the message "starting Acronis loader" is displayed followed by the Acronis Start menu. This menu displays for about 10 seconds, then that process stops and the normal hard disk boot begins.

Something happens in the Acronis boot that causes the problem.

The CD boot disk was created on a CD Writer and is being read on a CD Reader.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Did you click on the Acronis option that you wanted on the first screen, the one that shows the full or partial CD boot? If you don't click one or the other, the system continues into Windows by default. It's a new and sometimes frustrating or confusing feature of the TI 9 boot CD.

5. jrgodfrey

I will try your suggestion but what happened to my TrueImage 6.0 version? If it doesn't work, I'm forced to buy version 9.0 (I have a trial version now)?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jrgodfrey,

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thnak you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.