Jetico versus Zone Alarm free

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by roark37, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Leaving aside differences in ease of use, configuration etc. would switching from Zone Alarm free to the Jetico firewall increase the speed of the computer/internet surfing? If so would this difference likely be material or noticeable? I am using Jetico in this example as I have read that it is very light but are there other firewalls that are lighter? I have used ZA free for years and I don't really notice too much of a speed issue surfing once on the internet but it seems more noticeable in starting the browser and sometimes sluggish on wakeup after being on standby and wondered if this is true of most firewalls, particularly Jetico.

What if the same comparison were between Zone Alarm free and Sunbelt Kerio free? Should these two generally have the same impact in terms of speed or is one likely to be quicker?

Also I should add this would be a computer with 512k ram in these examples.

Thank you.

roark37

2. justin1278

justin1278 Registered Member

Honestly in my opinion you are better off with Jetico, ZA (free) is extremely stripped down and did very poor against many firewall leaktests. I don't think you will notice a huge speed difference by switching firewalls, but you will be better protected by using Jetico over ZA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.