Jetico questions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Suggers, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Hi,
    Im thinking of getting Jetico firewall after reading leak test results here: http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.php
    ...which show it to be one of the best, if not the best. Does anyone know if the results in the above link are for the current free version of jetico?

Also, I have read that Jetico is hard to configure is this true? Im currently using comodo and have managed to configure that without any problems, is jetico as easy to configure?
    Regards

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The test results you linked to appear to be for jetico 1.0.1.61, so yes, that is the one and only current version available now. There is supposedly a version 2 in development now, but you'd have to contact Jetico to get hold of that I assume..

As far as Jetico being difficult, I found it pretty straightforward to set up and configure, however, I have not spent anywhere near the time that others like Stem have with it. He would be the resident Jetico expert here I think. But if you're interested, give it a try...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  3. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Thanks, ive installed it, working fine so far. :)

Am I right in choosing to put everything I trust that it alerts e.g. IE, firefox, svchost etc... into the "Application Trusted Zone" option? As if I just press allow this activity and remember my answer, I still get multiple alerts about the same program?

Thanks

4. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Check...Options....General and set to automatically save changes and apply changes.
    This may solve the frequent pop ups.

Sorry, I mis-read your post, Stem can give you better advice than I can. But you can stop a lot of pop ups by going to the configuration settings and change rules from host to any. Many of the pop ups come from the rules pop up remembering specific ip addresses.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I think when I ran it, I pretty much did the Allow this activity thing when I got a popup, and then edited the resulting rule as needed. Often times Jetico would put a specific address in the rule when I wanted Any remote address, or it would put a local port in there that I didn't want, and so on. It takes a little rule editing I believe. I didn't use the Application Trusted Zone much, but I suppose that's a valid option if that's enough control for your needs...

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Suggers,
    First of all, remove all the rules you have created for your browser, and also remove from the trusted zone (if you have entered it there). Once you have removed all the rules, start up your browser, when the popup shows from Jetico, select the "Handle as Web Browser" (see attachement).
    You can see from the attached image there are a number of options "Web Browser" "mail client" "ftp client" etc. These are some predefined rules. So when you run your "Mail client" (for your e-mail), when Jetico shows the popup, you can select "Mail client"

There is a good thread here you may like to take some time to read.

Attached Files:

7. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Thanks for replies, got it working fine now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.