Jetico and Avast - too many pop-ups

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mika, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mika

mika Registered Member

I have avast on access on my computer and I would like to know, would it be OK to qualify avast as a web browser. Can there be any harm if I do this? I just want to get rid of those pop-ups created by jetico when browsing the web.

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

I don't know how Avast works, but the pop-ups don't have to be endless, nor should they be. You may need to look at the details of the alerts, most likely the local ports. You probably need to specify a local port range such as 1024-5000, for example, or don't even specify local ports. That said, there may be no harm in pointing Avast to your web browser rules table.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yes, Avast needs access out to port 80 due to the web scanner. This is normal and you want this so Avast can do it's job scanning your browser traffic. Allow remote port 80 out to any IP address, and if necessary, as mentioned, local ports 1024-5000 should cover things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.