Jerky scrolling

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by mick92z, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Hello, i seem to be experiencing, intermittent, jerky scrolling when I am using the mouse wheel.
    I thought this was down to the recently installed Appgaurd, I even thought it improved after uninstalling. However this is not the case. After several installs/uninstallations, I am now pointing the finger at my beloved Sandboxie.
    Because the problem is so slight and not all the time, its very difficult to say what is causing it.
    Running a page unsandboxed, does seem to make a difference.
    Anyone else have the same issue ? Cheers

2. operamail

operamail Registered Member

What is the browser that you are running sandboxed? I'm using firefox here. Everything seems fine. No jerky scrolling or slight freeze what so ever...

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I experienced something similar when posting on the SBIE forum, as noted here.
    I attributed it to IE, because the problem went away when I began using Chrome browser.
    Hope you get the problem sorted out.

4. mick92z

I am using Firefox too

I will download and try Chrome, thanks

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I have always had this issue with Sandboxie with both IE and Firefox, which is the reason why I rarely use Sandboxie and rely on Shadow Defender instead when surfing the web. Interestingly, it doesn't seem to happen with Chrome but I don't like Chrome - I prefer Firefox.

Scrolling within the sandbox on web pages is smooth until I play streaming video then the problem with jerky scrolling starts on all successive web pages. Closing the browser and emptying the sandbox doesn't cure it. I have to exit the Sandboxie GUI from the system tray, reload it and start a new session before scrolling inside the sandbox is smooth again; but as soon as I play streaming video, the problem with jerky scrolling starts again.

I have never been able to ascertain the cause of this, nor why it affects IE and Firefox but doesn't seem to affect Chrome.

6. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

When I have a problem with a streaming video in a sandbox, I terminate plugin conntainer in Sandboxie control and reload the video. Takes care of the problem faster and is less bothersome.

Bo

7. pegr

pegr Registered Member

The streaming videos themselves play okay; it's the slow jerky scrolling on all subsequent web pages after playing a video that's the issue.

As I said before, terminating all running processes and emptying the sandbox doesn't fix the problem. I have to also exit Sandboxie Control by unloading it from the system tray before starting a new sandboxed browser session. Only then does scrolling return to normal - at least until the next streaming video is played.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Kind regards

8. mick92z

Well i downloaded Chrome, and the difference was instant. Solid scrolling :)
    I have been so used to firefox, but i will now be using Chrome. I updated Roboform, so all my logins work, and I imported all my bookmarks.
    Thanks very much Page42. I was going to mention it on the S.B forum, but I thing Tzuk is busy enough, using another browser is no big deal.
    Cheers :thumb:

9. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

That is good news, indeed.
    Glad it got better.
    May it stay that way! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.