[jazzmine's post moved to appropriate forum]Answer a question with a question

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by jazzmine, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzmine

jazzmine Registered Member

Re: Answer a question with a question

i didnt know where i can post this so, i tried here, after using spy blaster, and a few other programs that are suppose to take out spyware and adware, none of them work, i ran norton lasst night, and after it was done it came up with 16 spyware and adware programs, that were suppose to be removed by spy blaster and other programs like it. what gives
    can someone please help me,

if a person were to buy the program, what would the difference be, in the free programs as to the one that was bought, is it any better or what

~removed email so spambots/harvesters won't get it - snap~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2004
  2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi jazzmine, and welcome to Wilders.

I have moved your post from the thread in TenForward to the Privacy Problems forum where it will receive better attention.

Before we can help you further, we need a bit more information. You said "..after using spy blaster, and a few other programs that are suppose to take out spyware and adware, none of them work" but didn't tell us what the other programs you used, were?

By spy blaster, are you meaning SpywareBlaster by Javacool? Or something different? If it is SpywareBlaster, then did you know that it is not a scanner that scans and removes spyware. SpywareBlaster sets killbits in the registry to prevent the running of bad Active X controls (spyware that uses those to install itself without your knowledge). It will also block a list of known spyware related cookies and sites in IE6. SpywareBlaster does not run in the background either. Once you install it, check for updates to it's database, click the "Enabled All Protection" button, then you can close it. The only other time you would open SpywareBlaster is to check for updates, which we suggest checking for once a week.

You do not have to purchase SpywareBlaster as it is a free program. However, if you wanted 'automatic updates' where you do not have to check manually for them, then yes, that you can purchase, but you can manually check for updates just by clicking on the "Check for Updates" button within SpywareBlaster.

If I've misunderstood what you are asking, please let me know and we'll try and help you further.

Regards,

snap

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

First download adaware SE and spybot, you find a copy here:

http://www.spychecker.com/software/antispy.html

then install the two and let them update.

then give adaware propper settings:

go to configuration > scanning > drives and folders
    check > scan within archives
    > memory and registry
    check > check all items

> go to tweak section > cleaning section
    check > check first five items

then reboot into safe mode (beginning boot process press F:cool: and choose safe mode.

let adaware, spybot and norton run and fix what they find.

then go to your documents > menu tools/extra > options > views > show hidden files and folders and show protected system files

to go to documents and settings > your username > local settings > delete contents of internet temps

then go to windows > delete contents of temps and downloaded program files

reboot and if you want you can post a hjt log here:

http://spyblocker-software.com/IPB/index.php?showforum=20

just follow the manual before you do and someone will take care of it.

bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.