JavaScript posting issues

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by CloneRanger, Oct 3, 2014.

1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I just tried to post a new thread, but clicking Post Now did Nothing ! I have Wilders normally set to Temp Allow in NoScript, but now had to Allow Globally for me to actually post. Has something changed recently on here, or ?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You need to recheck other settings. Posting (either a reply or a new thread) does not require Javascript.

I just used Opera, with no special security settings or add-ons, Javascript fully disabled, and got this thread created with a test account:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...osting-with-javascript-fully-disabled.368838/

Without Javascript, the posting screen is a bit plain, and lacking any extra options or features, but, it takes the entered text, and the button to post it works.

Attached Files:

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi & Thanx for testing. The reason it "seems" like a JS issue, is due to my having to enable Global Scripting in NS for me to post. I'm still not sure what the problem is, but i'll try to find out. In the meantime i'm having to use GS !

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I do have one annoying issue: when editing posts, the forum software does not show whole of the text. I'm using Opera v11. As seen in the screenshot, the scrollbar stops while there is more text to see.

Attached Files:

• WSP.png
      WSP.png
      File size:
      59 KB
      Views:
  5. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

Tested NoScript with JavaScript disabled.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/test-javascript-with-noscript.368868/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.