Javascript or whatever

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlu

tlu Guest

Ouch - now that you mention it, I remember that I had read about it - and forgot it :mad:
    Back to my previous Noscript settings ...

2. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

I solved my Hotmail problem by unchecking "Forbid <IFRAME>", an iframe without embedded objects is toothless anyway.

3. tlu

tlu Guest

Well, I found another solution (I wonder that I didn't think about it earlier - I guess I'm getting old ... :mad: ).

If you use AdBlockPlus, just add this custom filter:

swf|

(The last character is a pipe - don't forget it unless you want to block sites like http://example.com/swf/index.html). This blocks flash on any site including the site above (even when javascript is enabled). In order to create a whitelist you just have to right-click the ABP symbol, chose the list of blockable items, select the rule that blocked flash on the respective site and create an exception rule. This is relatively easily done for the trusted sites which you visit regularly, like youtube. For any other sites where you would want to see flash videos, you could temporarily disable ABP by middle-clicking its symbol. Right now this seems to be the most feasible solution to me.

EDIT: If you replace above rule with

$object

any content handled by plugins is blocked, including java. However, ABP shows a snail for this rule indicating that it's slow/inefficient. I'll see how to optimize it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
  4. tlu

tlu Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.