"Javascript not enabled" and NoScript

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbseven

sbseven Registered Member

I agree with you. Whether NoScript is a PITA to an individual depends on whether the tolerance required to (temporarily) whitelist the remaining sites that are broken is worth it for the perceived benefits of using the product.

2. ABee

ABee Registered Member

Please try not to confuse the issue with facts. ;)

3. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

I think it's because for first time users, NS will "break" most every site, including those the user knows are completely safe, so this frustrates them to the extent where they would rather remove NS rather than embark on the process of trying to understand it and get it set up properly, especially for their bookmarked sites. No patience because they just want to view content they've already viewed before. This is more or less what happened to me the first couple of times I used it, but after my latest use, I took the time and patience to understand it and get it set up properly, so now it's a pleasant experience and I know it's offering terrific protection against any unknown sites.

4. sbseven

sbseven Registered Member

This situation could be helped by checking "Allow sites opened through Bookmarks" in the NS options. It's perhaps a shame NoScript doesn't offer to set this option on first use. It would certainly help (less technical) new users. A bookmarked site normally indicates some element of trust of the content and this setting implicitly whitelists that content. It's not for everybody, but might be useful for some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.