javacool.... it is me again......

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by puff-m-d, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi javacool,

I am having a recurrence of an old problem :'( ....

I had to uninstall FC as a service and ever since then I have this problem..... See attachment below.....

I have completely uninstalled and searched for anything leftover in the registry (cannot find anything) and then reinstalled. It always asked for a password (strange since I did an uninstall and reinstall). I enter my old password then click OK. This is when I get the error as in the attachment. Clicking OK on the error shuts down FC.... o_O

What am I doing wrong? :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Kent

Attached Files:

• FC2.jpg
      FC2.jpg
      File size:
      13 KB
      Views:
  2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

It seems as though your system just doesn't like the MS Cryptography API. :doubt:

Once I get around to working on the update of FC again, I'll change its encryption method to a different format, so you won't have this problem anymore. :)

If you can e-mail me at javacoolsoftware@hotmail.com with an e-mail address that can accept attachments, I'll send a beta once it is ready (but, at this point, I'm not sure when that will be).

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. puff-m-d

Hi javacool,

I do not know if this will help you or not, so I will post it just in case.

After reading this thread, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=6371, I decided to reset my password per your instructions, and see what happened.

I can now use File Checker without the passwaord feature enabled and all is OK. If I try to enable a password, I get an error and FC shuts down. If I try to restart, FC asks for a password, then when I enter it FC crashes. I must then go back to the registry to reset the password in order to get FC working again.

I am perfectly happy now having FC back and working :D .....
    I really would like the password option to work as I have multiple users/logons on my machine and do not want them to be able to disable FC. But as I know, you are a very busy man, and I do not expect a fix any time soon. I just thought this info may be of help to you.....

Thanks for all of your efforts and the great software you have developed :D .

Regards,
    Kent

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Ahah! Thank you very much for posting this. :D

Not only will that issue be fixed in the next version, the encryption used will be changed so you won't have to "tweak" things to get FC working correctly on your system (i.e. no more problems with the MS CryptAPI on your pc).

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. puff-m-d

Javacool,

You are definitely most welcome ;) !!!!!

Anything at all that I can do to help you with your great software is never any problem at all :D ....

I am just glad it helped.......

Regards,
    Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.