Javacool can you please look here..........

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hayc59, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

2. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

These 2 programs(Spyware Blaster & Registry Mechanic)are causing this error every time I start my computer Or start the program.I get the window installer & than the Popup window says: This setup must be launched thru setup.
    Anyone have any idea why this is happening.I have tried uninstalling & re-installing
    each program & just one or the other & still get the same message.I have several other programs that I've downloaded from their sites but they are all ok.
    I click OK 3 times & than it goes away.I have narrowed it down to these 2 programs, but now what do I do to fix this.Thank you.......

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of this error message?

Also, does it mention anything about Microsoft Office?

Thanks,

-Javacool

4. Alicerose

Alicerose Registered Member

I don't see anything about Microsoft Office in the message.All I get is the Windows installer & than the popup message that says This MSI must be launched thru setup.
    I'm not too good with this computer stuff but if you send me the details on how to get the screenshot that you need I'll do that.Those programs are uninstall at the present time but I can reinstall & get that error for you.Let me know how to send this info to you.Thanks....

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Alicerose,

Maybe the below FAQ will help you in posting a screenshot ?

FAQ: Screen Shots and Image Posting

6. Alicerose

Thank You.I just printed out your directions so I'll give this a try later & see if I can make it work.Have a good day.

7. Alicerose

Here are the 2 files that I saved with the error message I get when I in stalled Registry Mechanic.Its the same error with Spyware Blaster as well:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2005
  8. Alicerose

I had to send the 2 attachments in 2 separate replies because I couldn't figure out how to send both in one reply.I hope this is ok.I get the installer first & than the MSI message popsup on top of the installer.Thanks& I hope this helps.

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Heck yeah that's OK....you did good :)

I did take the liberty of combining the two pic's into one post and now we can hopefully help you with your error messages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.