Java question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kathyhl, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

I believe this is going to sound like a pretty stupid question, but it's really just come up for me. I was always under the impression that when I updated my Windows, that Java was also updated. I also just assumed this was a type of program that helped read certain things, flash, games, whatever. But now I just went into this game place and have been told that I needed to download the new Java, which was 5.2 MB, then to make sure to install the Microsoft VM. (?) I certainly trust Microsoft, but I've never had to download Java before. Can someone please explain to me exactly what Java really is, and how far off I've been in thinking it was an aid in reading certain things? I really need to find a computer class to go to :oops:.

Thank you very much for your help and support.

Kathy

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Who can answer that better then the source :)

Regards,

Pieter

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

4. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

WHOA Pieter, Thats some darn good info on Java! Thank you so much!! And thank you also LWM on the link. Actually they did provide another link, but I feel better going with the one you provided because I trust the Wilders Security to always send me in the right direction.

I still need a computer class, but everyone here always makes it so much easier to understand the little things that make the big things ;)

Kathy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.