Java/ByteVerify Virus Created Font issues. HELP

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by eyezon, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyezon

eyezon Registered Member

I got The java/byteverify virus and on certain webpages I visit, the fonts are extremely small (ex. ebay, blogger, google). Now when I view these sites, I have to squint to view the text. It didnt use to be like that. But after i discovered I have the Java/ByteVerify virus, I figured it suspect. I think I got rid of the virus, but I cant make the fonts on the previously mentioned sites to display properly.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

right click internet explorer icon and select properties. near bottom select fonts. under language script select Latin Based (is default) under web page font select Times New Roman (is default) under plain text font select Courier New (is default) and then pick on OK. Hope this helps :D

3. eyezon

eyezon Registered Member

Ravin,
    Thank you so much for your input. I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out. Unforunately what you suggested did not work. On the other hand, it led me to a solution and I must say without your input, I would have never discovered it.

What I needed to do (in IE) was go to TOOLS-->INTERNET OPTIONS-->ACCESSIBILITY and check "Ignore font sizes on specified web pages".

And VOILA!! Everything was back to normal. But I would not have figured that out without your help.

THANK YOU!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.