Jap questions

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Bethrezen, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

finaly it looks like jap is back up and i can get to there page what i want to know is how do i set it up so its anomizing my conection

also how do i chain it to the pacfile to help keep jap stelthed so it dosnt get shut down by proxi dectors

and and any other info that migth be relevent also is jap one of them apps that once ya set it up so all trafic is directed through it ya dont need to do anything eles and it will just silentley work away in the back ground protecting ya

a speedey reply would be aprecated thanks

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

This one also assumes you use a proxy like Naviscope, Webwasher or proxomitron:
    http://pages.infinit.net/carbo1/proxysetupwithpacfie.html

3. Bethrezen

hi micky

you think ya could list what i need to do coz im using sb 4.75 and in not using a proxie like naviscope so them instructions are a lil confusing

what i need to know is how to set up jap and sb 4.75 together rigth now i have iy ie stings like this

auto detect settings checked
    use auto config script checked checked

adress http://127.0.0.2/

everything eles unchecked

and under local internet the box that says include all sights that bypass proxi is unchecked

now i need to know what i have to do next

also which version of jap should i get coz there are 2 avalble the old weltested and stable one thats a lil harder to use or the new un tested one

4. MickeyTheMan

In your case since you don't use proxy, then you need to skip that part.
    That means you will set port to 4001 in pacfile as this is the one Jap uses, i believe. Just make sure both Jap and pacfile are set to use same port.
    Your pacfile should be in your SB folder, so instructions on the page will be ok for that to set IE

5. Bethrezen

hi micky

so i would do what leave my setings in internet options as thay are and open up the pack file and change the port from 8000 to 4001 ??

or would i need to do what it says on the jap page and tick the use a proxy box and input the adress as 127.0.0.1 and the port as 4001 ?

6. MickeyTheMan

Both options work.
    One is to have Jap linked directly from within browser and the other from within Pacfile.

7. Bethrezen

"Both options work.
    One is to have Jap linked directly from within browser and the other from within Pacfile"

so which one would it be if i wanted jap chained to the pac file so it would be stealthed agains scrips lookin for proxies??

8. MickeyTheMan

Then port in your pacfile will be same as Jap which i believe is 4001
    And in your browser, you do not check use proxy as it is the pacfile that will load it
    However Jap does not seems to work to often lately.

ADDED: Just checked, and it works now.

9. Bethrezen

hi micky

chears thanks for clearing that up as soon as jap is up and runnin again ill download it and set it up

10. MickeyTheMan

Just checked again, and Jap is up and running
    I'm running version 00.01.037

Gosh, does it ever slowdown browsing, though !

11. Bethrezen

hi

anyone know if the jap page is down again coz i just tryed to go there to get jap now i that i have downloaded and installed java but all i get is the page cannot be displayed message

is it my is it ie thats not workin rigth or the jap page ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.