JAP inconsistancy.

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Wraith, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith

Wraith Registered Member

I've recently tried using JAP anonimizing service. I checked it out using PC Flank and Auditmypc and both only picked up the proxy IP not mine. Then I headed over to GRC's Shields Up and ran the All Service Ports test and it saw "my" own IP not JAPs. Why would this be? Doesn't this render JAP kinda worthless if it's not consistant? Maybe it's just me. Any help would be appreciated.

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

There's no problem. You have to manually configure your HTTPS settings to work with JAP. The GRC page you are speaking of is an HTTPS (ssl) protected site. It's very easy and depending on your browser here is your answer........

3. Wraith

Wraith Registered Member

I wasn't able to access the link you provided. It kept coming back to this page. I found that IE 6 worked consistantly w/ JAP. It was only Firefox that showed my own IP at GRC.

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

All you need to do in Firefox is enable the ssl proxy. Under your proxy configurations, change SSL Proxy to 127.0.0.1 using Port 4001 . You can do the same for FTP as well. They're not enabled by default, once you do this, you'll be fine with JAP.
    Gerard

---------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.