JAP Anonymisation service AN.ON launches commercial operation (2007-06-22)

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by zorro zorrito, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

So that, from now on, no more free because the only free support that it gives is "the service you are connected to consists of a single mix server and is run by one single operator. The operator could-maybe by force-observe any of your actions". So that free JAP(with two or more mix servers) is gone.

"Some free AN.ON services will still be offered by non-profit organisationslike the ULD. The majority of servers though will be new servers requiring payment, offering longer and therefore even safer anonymisation chains, with servers based in several different countries (currently Germany, the UK and Thailand). The new servers will also provide the users with higher speed and increased availability. Both the client and server software will continue to be available fre of charge as open source software, free for anybody to use, inspect or modify."

So sad.

2. firefox2008

firefox2008 Registered Member

I use Total Net Shield myself which costs me around $79 a year. Maybe if you really like Jap you should consider paying. I think their service would greatly improve if people payed for it. You can always use TOR still for free.

3. llista

llista Guest

I just found the webpage for the commercial JAP http://www.jondos.de/en/, it looks like a private runned Tor Network and they accept cash in the post.

I understand they charge for it, I don't believe in free myself, or either the money is made through adverts or through subscriptors.

They aren't the cheapest, but so far the only private multiserver proxy I know of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.