JanusVM cmbins.exe ?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by QVX11, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QVX11

QVX11 Registered Member

I'm using JanusVM release July 2010 on Windows XP. When I run \\192.168.93.128\Setup\Run.bat it creates the VPN and then it brings up a box that says cmbins.exe and when I click run it says CM exception package - that folder is invalid please make sure the folder exists and is writable. In the video on JanusVM it shows a box that comes up saying fixing DNS leakage when you connect the VPN connection and I'm not getting that box when I connect the VPN. I connect to TOR and when I check my DNS it is leaking but when I change my DNS server addresses in my local area connection to 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.4 the leaking is stopped (I read in VMware forum that someone was leaking DNS with JanusVM and it was said they could change their DNS addresses to the ones I'm using to fix it). I'm assuming the CM exception package error is the DNS server function I'm not getting. I pass the test at deanonymizer. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it ok to run it like this? I want to make sure that I'm not losing any security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.