Jana2006 slowed down by ESET antivirus

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Michal Dusek, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michal Dusek

Michal Dusek Registered Member

Hello, for years the free crystallographic software Jana (http://jana.fzu.cz) is significantly slowed down by ESET NOD antivirus. The other antivirus programs do not slow down Jana2006.

We usually advice users to remove the directory where Jana is installed from the scan. However, with growing use of ESET NOD antivirus it is often installed for the whole institution with blocked advanced setting. As a member of developer's team of Jana I would be very grateful to the ESET developers if they could have a look at the Jana code and find a way how to make it working normally with ESET. It is now concern of several hundreds users of Jana2006 suffering with extremely slow functioning of the program.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest contacting customer care and providing them with step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem. I've scanned the binaries and didn't notice any slowdown, perhaps it's related to the data files that the software works with.

3. Michal Dusek

Michal Dusek Registered Member

Hello Marcos,
    Thank you for your reply. The problem is that the software slows dows each time it opens a new dialogue window or starts some computing. It looks like it would be alway re-scaned. When a dialogue window is opened of when computation is running everything works at normal speed until another communication or computation is requested.

The program is written in Fortran95. It seems to me that ESET makes some action each time a procedure is called.

Best regards,
    Michal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.