Jack FM

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by snowbound, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Opinions?

Personally, i hate it. Too generic for me.....

DJ's live forever. :thumb: :cool:

snowbound

2. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Hate to see ya being ignored Snowy - not familiar with it myself, but I took a look-see.

Seems like it's popular cos it has an 80's theme with smatterings of other flavours that make it easy to associate with and listen to. Then the nostalgia factor actually seems to bite back.

What I read in one place, is that after a couple of months, those who associate most strongly with the 80's music begin to dislike the JackFM formula - it's as if it affects their own association with their memories of the music - and folks tend to want to protect these sort of memories.

Anyways - there ya go, keep spinning or whatever DJ's do nowadays :cool:

3. dog

dog Guest

Technically there's still a DJ (someone spinning the Cds/Wax) ... just no up front personalities --- which sucks. :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: Personalities make the show ... I couldn't go a weekday morning without Derringer, Ryan, Ross and Maureen. :cool: I don't know what their thinking; just imagine The Mighty Q (Q107) without the great bunch ... Andy Frost, Jeff Woods, Jason Ward, Scholes, Alex, Elvira, Kim Mitchell and those mentioned above. I love the tidbits and facts --- especially Jeff Woods Legends and Andy's Psychedelic Sundays. What ashame --- all in the name of margins $$$. :oops: :mad:

4. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Worry not Steve, worst comes to the worst - I'll dig out my guitar and play to ya myself.

Heck I'll even read the news, tell you a joke and set-up a phone-in competition. It'll feel like old times before you know it ......:D

5. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Yoo are too young to remember ole e-o butt in the 60's the songs actually had lyrics an yoo cud kinda sing-along. Bootlegging in them daze meant yoo wus makin some fine shine.

Butt I digress. Iffin yoo find that gee-tar we cud have us a dooet as me tuba is quite the honker. If that doesn't lull Stevie to sleep we'll try the calliope or mebbe sum bagpipes. I likes them instrooments cause when yoo play them, even if yoo can't reed music, nobuddy can tell the difference.

Instroomentally challenged, Jokered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.