IWON Slots ie Prize Machine

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by radioone, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radioone

radioone Registered Member

Hello,

I just installed Spyware Blaster a while ago and now I find that my IWON Prize Machine must be reloaded. I am not surprised actually. However, I do not know which entires in IE have to be put on the ignore list to regain use of this program. Any help is appreciated.

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Well, anything on Spywareblaster's list has to be malicious. I did some research on this iwon/prize machine thing. I classify it as spyware. I had this on my other computer last time.

If I were you, I give second thoughts about adding it to the ignore list. Your computer can live and run better without this piece of unwanted software. I guess you must be referring to the ActiveX control needed for iwon/p.m to function properly.

Its site is not favourable IMO. Therefore there is no need to add it to any ignore list. Speaking of jackpots, gambling or whatever stuff related to this, Las Vegas may be the best destination available.

I suggest that you scan your computer for any malware using whatever security program you have as a precautionary measure. And I strongly recommend other alternative browsers instead of Internet Explorer for safety, privacy and security reasons.

For your reference:
    http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/2671.html
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,6005007

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  3. radioone

radioone Registered Member

Thanks for all the information. I can't go to Vegas, so guess I will do without.
    It isn't on the Add/Remove as I had already run JV16 to clean out last night. I went in a little bit ago, took out the Iwon folder, ran JV16 again on auto, then went in and typed in IWON and took out all that came up and rebooted. I am planning to do a reformat soon anyway. IWON Prize Machine and all like them are now banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.