I've been removed, help!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hoppin, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoppin

hoppin Registered Member

My friend and I have been using Spywareguard, Spyblaster, and Spybot with great success. Problem is from a previous email that was being sent on my behalf, I now have been permanently removed from her email/IM etc as I was a "threat" to her computer. So, now we can not contact, email, IM each other. How do we get back to being able to communicate so that her computer doesn't think my address is a threat to her?

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

It is highly doubtful that any of these three programs have anything to do with this.

Are there any mail filtering programs installed on your friend's machine? If so, look at the various options in it to see if you've been blocked.

Another possibility is that it was done by her ISP. Have her check with them.

3. hoppin

hoppin Registered Member

She said that when the program that emailed "in my behalf" showed up, her spyware identified it and my email address as a security threat and quarantined it. So, when she went to take care of it, spyware removed me from her computer and now she can't put me back into her computer.

4. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

As I said, none of those three programs you listed will do anything like that. What other anti-malware programs are you and/or your friend running?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.