I've been considering downloading Spywareblaster and Spyware Guard.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Straight Shooter, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I presently use Spybot S&D. Is that enough? If I use Spyware Guard and Blaster, can I do without Spybot S&D? I don't want "too" much software on my system..

I don't want redundancy. If Spybot repeats what your products do, then I'll uninstall Spybot..
    Thanks,

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Straight Shooter,

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard are preventive measures. Spybot S&D is a cleaner (for the moment, from what I heard the last beta has a resident guard as well)
    SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard can´t stop everything (yet ;) ) so a regular check & clean would not be superfluous.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

What Pieter said :D

Both so light and work in background you won't even know they are there. Simply superb.
    Cheers, TAS

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

There is of course a program that promises to do it all, but that is not freeware: Adaware Plus or Pro.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Basher

Basher Guest

Actually I would use spywareblaster (and Spybot) but not spywareguard.

Spywareblaster does not use any memory and also acts as a preventive measure.....

Spywareguard uses memory.No big deal if you have 512 MB Ram and above, but it's overkill I think espically if you use host files and maybe IE spyad. I rather save the memory to run Anti-trojan resident , or antivirus resident.

But having said that, most people here are paranoid....so run spyware guard if you want.

6. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

It only uses a bit if the Control Panel is running. Nothing is listed in my Processes at all until I start the Control Panel.

It's not under Running Applications either. It's working in background.

But hey, Basher, we are paranoid, lol... :D

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have all three of the programs.Yes I am paranoid.I have had spyware problems before and I'm probably guilty of overkill. ;) But I remember the system slow-downs and other side-effects of some of that garbage.Spybot,Spyware Blaster and Spywareguard run well on my system.I feel secure with them because of the update frequency and what one misses another program will find.If I had to drop one from my system,I don't know that I could pick which one at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.