iTunes Permissions Error's

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Nogimics, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nogimics

Nogimics Registered Member

Hello All,
    I have held off asking for help trying all sorts of things and have read so many threads on this problem but I still cannot solve my problem.

Every time I use iTunes I get the following error when syncing with my iPhone or just when using iTunes I get another error. Here they are:

The iPhone "Phone" cannot be synced. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation. However when I click OK, it still syncs and works fine

"The iTunes Library file cannot be saved. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation." Again if I click ok, everything seems to be working fine.

I have definitely narrowed it down to NOD32 causing this as when I switch NOD off it wont happen.

I have added exclusions for the iTunes and Music Library directories in windows. These have what I have added:

C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes*.*
    C:\Program Files\iTunes*.*
    C:\Users\User\Music\*.*
    C:\Users\User\Music\iTunes\*.* This is where the iTunes Library resides.

System Setup:
    Windows 7 Professional 64Bit Version 6.1.7600
    User is an Administrator with FULL access control on all folders
    NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.467.0

If you could please help me it would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Nogimics

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Pretty similar setup to me, except the version of eset (I'm using 4.2.35). All working here, and I haven't had to make any exclusions. Which version of iTunes do you have? I'm using 9.2, synching to an iPhone 3GS (IOS 4), on Win 7 Pro x64.

Do you get the same if you close iTunes and then relaunch it using "right-click, run as admin" ?

Jim

4. Nogimics

The errors do not happen when NOD32 is disabled so its definitely NOD32.

I am running as Administrator and have set the application to run as admin in my troubleshooting.

The errors occur when Syncing my iPhone 3GS and my iPhone 4 or just using iTunes itself. I have read articles about NOD32 trying to scan the iTunes Library files on creation when they are constantly being updated by iTunes and because NOD32 has a lock on the file this is why iTunes complains. I am guessing its down these lines which is why I added all the exclusions.

However they havent helped. At the moment I have had NOD32 disabled for 2 days and not 1 error. Within minutes of enabling it and doing something in iTunes like syncing it will produce an error.

Any ESET staff here that can help please?

By the way I'm using iTunes 9.2.0.61 Jim

5. Nogimics

I have uninstalled: NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.467.0

And installed: NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.40.0

After support advised me to, so far so good in the last 10 minutes of use with iTunes.

6. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

4.0.x had some issues with file locks, so upgrading the the latest version is probably a good move anyway - 4.0.x is quite old now.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.