It's in the mail!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Detox, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

last night I ordered a replacement for my poor slow AMD 2000+ CPU; and the 3200+ should be here no later than Friday :D

Then, this 2000+ is the first part in what will become my 3rd PC... One capable of running more sophisticated apps than the current secondary (boy will my wife be happy). That PC will be made up of parts from this machine when they are updated and a few new things (like HD and mobo) as well.... Can't wait *puppy*

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

You'll have to update your sig too :D

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Just don't drool on your keyboard while waiting. You might have to replace that too. *puppy* Detox or puppy drooling? o_O

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You can drool on this one while you wait at least the drool wont hurt this amd 3200+ :D ;)

Attached Files:

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO MUCH NOW IM HAVE TO SNEAK IN AND GET ME SOME LOL

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

lol yeah I best stop my drooling upon opening the package or it all might be in vain ;)

Tell ya what Blaze if you come by central Texas you're sure welcome to take my machine for a spin or two :D

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

what the heck?? the processor was here today when I got home ... AMD retail packaging - 3200+ and 2200 mghz it says but I installed it and my system tells me I have a x86 family 6 model 10 steping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1094 Mhz

o_O o_O

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

ah-ha had to change the default value of motherboard so my FSB would be running at 400 mhz - since it wasn't at first it was holding the new CPU back to half speed ;)

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

But now I bet you can zip around in high gear. ;)

10. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I must admit it do feel like high gear since the actual CPU speed is nearly double that of my old 2000+ - which is safely stashed away for the building of a 3rd PC ;-)

Partiularly there is this RPG called "Morrowind" which I had to set some AI distances adn such down a bit lower before but now I can easily max everything out and play smoothly.. the world in that game is very immersive particularly with top settings.. wheee it's fun !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.