Its a sad day

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pissedoff1, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pissedoff1

Pissedoff1 Registered Member

I have a company that edits programmes for broadcast. I used to use Aconis to resore these machines when they died as all windows instalations do.
    But I have been unable to use any images that I know used to work .
    All I get now is the recovery disk just sitting there doing nothing.
    I think this because I have to use Sata disk machines . None of the Acroins products work.
    Sadley this is the parting of the ways having just spent 2 days trying to fix a machine with a known working image no joy.
    Even made a Bart PE disk, all Acronis does is crash or say the image is not valid well having used it before with great succes on non sata machines this has become a big joke.
    Does anything work on sata machines
    Bye

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

So I take it you do not want help to solve your situation?

3. ZeroBits

ZeroBits Registered Member

Safe mode versions of disk director allow sata recognition. May help with true image seeing sata drives...

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

TI9 and later, and maybe before, work with SATA HD machines. However, if the SATA is being provided by a PCI add-on card there might be a driver issue with the TI Linux CD. But with no info on version, build, what exactly is happening, we can't make any suggestions.

5. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

You need to get a sata hard drive usb enclosure, stick the sata drive you want to restore in the enclosure. Next just restore the image you want onto the usb enclosure. This will work everytime and save you hours of trying to find the correct drivers/bartpe etc to work.

The only hard part is to open the computer case and swap out drives but that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. If you have a ide/sata usb bridge adapter you don't even need to remove drives.

The hardware problems are the easiest to fix. There are many ways around these problems.

More than likely you have a "exotic" type of motherboard that true image isn't familiar with. But theirs different ways around everything. Other imaging software will probably also have problems with that motherboard also.

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

...or, you can get an inexpensive usb to sata/ide cable with power supply. They are so much cheaper than a whole enclosure.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pissedoff1,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat describe the issue in details and we will provide you ISO image of Acronis True Image bootable disc which will solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.