Items to include in Backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by KenWA, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenWA

KenWA Registered Member

I am using Paragon on a Netbook with a single HD with partitions identified as Disk 0. Partition C holds the system files and other partitions hold data, downloads, backups etc. I wish to backup only the system files in case the system crashes but on backup I am offered

- Disk 0 (which includes partitions I do not wish to backup)
    - First Track
    - MBR
    - C;\ and the other partitions.

Do I select only C:\ or must I include First Track and MBR to enable the Recovery of a fully bootable system disk on C:\?

Thank you for your advice.

2. CaesarRenasci

CaesarRenasci Registered Member

"Do I select only C:\ or must I include First Track and MBR to enable the Recovery of a fully bootable system disk on C:\?"<P>

If I understand your question correctly, you prefer not to back up the entire drive in order to save space. Indeed, you do not need to select any partition other than your system partition (C).

However, damange to the first track/and or MBR occurs quite often. You therefore greatly improve your chances for a successful recovery by selecting both MBR and First Track options. You should not be concertned with additional space required: MBR and First Track are but tiny additions (bytes) to the partition archive. [You can see the difference from the change in Estimated Size of the Archive: compare the size with MBR and First Track selected to the size when they are deselected].

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.