Items not "blasted"

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by oscarcpa, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscarcpa

oscarcpa Registered Member

~snip....removed email address to prevent harvesting - Bubba~

I just installed SpywareBlastser and when I run Ad-aware only come up with one "problem": my homepage cookie that I allow (excite.com). But when I run Spybot I get some problem about "DSO Exploit."

I have no clue what that is... Have noticed Spybot picks up some things that Ad-aware doesn't so maybe this isn't a real security concern and Blaster not worried about it either.

Installed Blaster on a recommendation from someone on the Firefox forum since I mentioned that the Ad-aware and Spybot would get rid of the items found on IE, but not FF.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2004
  2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

yes, adawarese will get some stuff that spybot wont and visa versa. and running spyware blaster along with them and keeping all up to date will provide you a great deal of protection with a good firewall prg and anti virus prg as well. and i also get the 5 little dso exploits on spybot. but as long as i keep the def's up and run it frequently im not to worried. unless someone out there knows how to make it quit getting them on the puter. if so, id like to know, cause i am by no means any kinda expert, i only draw from my experiences and what i've learned from the great folks on the forums i visit.

3. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

4. scott lang

spybot has a newer and last version available now i just got it from major geeks it basically a patch for 1.3 it makes it into 1.3.1 TX which fixes the dso exploits that spybot keeps finding fixes but returns.

5. oscarcpa

oscarcpa Registered Member

Thanks to all...

6. scott lang

no problemo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.