It would be interesting to know free anti-virus users vs paid for personal users!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ratchet, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Some might think of me as a very strange guy but I respect the work and the efforts of the engineers and programmers who have made the excellent product and I always pay for the products I use. Furthermore , I pay for service , not for a product . I received many updates and support and this is also what I pay for.

Never free for me.

2. gery

gery Registered Member

i would not say never free for me but i fully agree with the rest of your discussion:thumb:

3. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Of course,Gery! People should start to think for the antivirus and security AS A SERVICE not as a product :)

4. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

No, I don't think you are strange, but I disagree on philosophy. If they offer free stuff, that's their doing and we should not feel guilty. Now if I did have more money, I'd probably pay more.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I look for a product (service) that works for me, and I enjoy using. If it isn't free, fine. If it is free, fine. I have been using NOD32 for a few years, and it worked for me, for the most part. A year ago, I installed Avast! v4.8 on my Daughters computer, simply because it is free and if she couldn't handle it I could just try something else. It turns out she was infected with the vundo virus, and Avast flew into a boot scan and quarantined the whole thing. Working with her Avast! really impressed me, and I decided to check it out when the v5.0 came out. I like it and after trying it for a reasonable time on another snapshot, I switched over. So as you see, whether it's free or not isn't the issue. :cool:

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Couldn't agree more but with a slight twist: I have one Avira Premium and two Avira Personal, all on a demand. The Premium, I bought it as a contribution to a company that I respect.

7. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

ive always used paid-software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.