it takes 8 hours put image back

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pvdnieuwendijk, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvdnieuwendijk

pvdnieuwendijk Registered Member

hello you all,

last week i put images back, my configuration: pentium 3, 45o mhz,192mb memory, 80 gb disk. images are on external disk on usb 1.1.
    when i put the image back ( total 9 gb) to the original partition from 25 gb. it took 8 hours, howcome? is it because of the slow usb or is it something else, and when it is how can i improve the speed.

thanks for your help;)

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

A big part is the usb 1.1 instead of usb 2, the low amount of memory will also be part of the reason, as well as the slow processor.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I think Chutsman has given you the reasons although the performance is rather poor compared to the theoretical numbers based on USB1 at 12Mbits/s. You also have the problem of small RAM and by today's standards, a slow processor.

How long does it take to create the image from within Windows? Be sure to account for time taken to verify if you do verifies. If you created the last image from Windows the data you need to calculate the create time is in the log.

If the time is considerably shorter than 8 hours, say around 3 or 4, you might benefit from using the TI9 plugin with BartPE or XPE which will give you the Windows drivers rather than the Linux ones.

If your external drive is a USB2 device, then a PCI USB 2 card would probably be a big help regardless.

4. pvdnieuwendijk

pvdnieuwendijk Registered Member

Hello you all,

thank you two for the reply,
    To make the image it costs about 1,5 hour without verifieiing, I also have TI version 9 from a friend today, tomorrow I'll try this one and than see the different.
    greetings Petra

5. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Back up your data files to a cd and do a fresh install... It will only take half the time. Or get a computer with to date technology.

:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.