IT Solutions USA (dot) net -- SCAM

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by LombaxPrime, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LombaxPrime

LombaxPrime Registered Member

:( :eek: So today I received a call from a guy with a heavy indian accent, claiming that he was calling to notify me that my computer had some crazy virus that was going around. I asked him who he worked with and he mentioned some company that worked on be have of Windows to notify and assist others who had somehow gotten this virus, which he claimed came from ads. I told him that I had ad blockers and had multiple security software and checked my computer at least bi-weekly for anything and that nothing ever came up on any of my software. He said that it was bad to have so many anti-virus software and then asked my to open event viewer and told me that I had some DNS errors and then told me to go on the website (see thread title) and then asked me for osme sort of code, I lied and told him that I hadn't written down the could (he said surely you wrote down this code) and after I lied he said he was going to put me on hold while he called some other guy who would give me the code. At this point I hung up and exited out of the website because I had opened up another tab and checked to see if this whole thing was a scam, and the first link claimed it to be a scam, so I quickly exited everything. He called again, but then I hung and he called again, but I told him that I had to go and if he had a number I could call back, he gave me the website number, which of course I never wrote down. I hung up for the last time.

I never gave him any info besides telling him I'm the only user of the computer. I never downloaded anything either. I only visited the page. Will my computer be ok?

I freaked out and ran Hitman Pro, followed by Norton 360 and then by MbAM and AVG safe search doesn't show it as bad site and neither does Norton search. Neither should anything on their scans.

I'm still frekaing out and just download the free version of Eset Node 32 and going to run a scan with that.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

3. LombaxPrime

Thanks for the info :) Well it doesn't say in that link that you can receive any viruses simply by going on a website, so I think I'll be fine, since I never gave them any personal info or downloaded anything in particular.

4. I'd do a quick clean of Temp files with CCLEANER or JETCLEAN & let Malwarebytes do a full scan just in case.

5. LombaxPrime

Thanks! I ran CCleaner and I let it do it's thing. Afterwards I ran MbAM again and nothing was found still. Phew! My mind can rest easy.

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Why can't I ever get a call like that so i can play real dumb all while in Shadow mode with Shadow Defender or lead them to believe on am on windows and be on OS X while in Deep Freeze.Instead I get phone calls looking for people I never heard of.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  7. These idiot's who are calling people are dumb as dog crap. I hate scammers above all else, they truly are scum.

8. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Ditto.:thumb:

9. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I receive tons of scam calls, but they are local calls . . . :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.