it just wont go!!!

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by future sheperd, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all,

i had a adware problem, i thought i fixed it. i did everything these
    adware fixers told me to do but still to files all remain

bi[1].exe

in :
    C:\Documents and Settings\TheMaster\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AZ3GTOR7\bi[1].exe is a Adware threat.

and cdt_bbi8016[1].exe

in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\TheMaster\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AZ3GTOR7\cdt_bbi8016[1].exe is a Adware threat.

ive done everything to delete these files

jv16 PowerTools, shredder,adware 6 does anyone have any ideas

thank you for your time.

Anthony

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi future sheperd , did you also clean out the internet caches from your IE browser?
    Tool > Internet Options > delete files, including the offline files. Hope this helps!

Did you detect them in the first place with SpyBot S&D and/or Ad-aware and fix them with those programs a see them in the same locations after fixing?
    Reboot and scan again and still there?

3. i first scaned with nortons and found the problem, i tried to fix but it said it couldnt, so i then used jv16 PowerTools, shredder,adware and spybot
    but nothing!

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

sheperd,

Please follow these instructions and post over on that relevant forum.

regards.

paul

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

But it is in your temporary internet files, that would be just clean caches and look again.
    What can be the matter:
    Norton might have made the files unaccessable by any other program. (quarantined them)
    If you can't delete them via Norton either you can try with either closing Norton a moment, clean caches, you might like to reboot but that doesn't seem necessary and look another time if Norton or other program finds them. Maybe you have to un-quarantine them from Norton, close norton, clean caches, norton up again, scan and look if you were successfull this time.

If you use any scanner, you should close other scanners which have permanent protection etc.
    Reading it more times that files are locked for other scanners because norton (or another resident scanner) quarantined them in their way.
    I forgot altogether to think of that in my first reply.
    Think with this you will be more successfull.
    After trying this, let us know and if you like step to Paul's advice for the hijackthis log to be posted.

There is one other possibility:
    if you installed as an admin and you ran those detections as a user account there might be a setting not allowing you as user to clean caches or delete any file.
    If that is the matter do all the above stuff from the admin account!

6. hi

i actually tried to delete it from the temp folder but it came back, but some how i winged it, i rebooted in safe mode did viris checks,went to all temp folders, clt A then delete(hoping something would get deleted). then rebooted deleting any registry traces, viris scanned again then went back to the temp file and deleted again...this time it worked...i have know idea how it worked but i am thankful there are people like you guys round for the support.

THANK YOU.

future sheperd.

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Sheperd,

I would recommend following my suggestion posted above to be on the sure side.

regards.

paul

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes please do post a HijackThis log as you say the files came back so there is either something running or you visited sites again where you got them back another time.
    Norton might not have been able to delete them as they were running most probably, while you could in safe mode.
    In somebody else's log was the bi..... thing related to another infection so please post your HJT log and let the experts have a good look at it and help you cleaning out what would be further necessary.
    Maybe you're running some application or some annoyance added itself to your browser. All things which in the HJT log will show up. Plus the experts can tell you how to protect yourself better where necessary/possible.

9. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

The solution might be found here:

http://www.salve.edu/office_IT/help/adware/index.cfm

Greetings,

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.