It is True...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by niteghost, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

Is it True that if I just need to restore 1 File or 1 Folder or 1 program, that I screwed up, I still have to "Restore " the entire Partition. ?? Cause Ghost 9 can just recover any Folder or file.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

No, you Explore the image and restore one file, one folder or what ever data you want.

The one limitiation to the Explore function is that all parts of the image have to be on the same drive. Images split across several CDs or DVDs can't be Explored, they have to be copied back to a hard drive first.

3. niteghost

Well, since my Backup image is on an External Drive, ( just incase my Internal HD takes an early Retirement ). I do not know what "good ' is that Explore Image with that kind of Limitation.
    I guess is goes into the "Wish List "

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello niteghost,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

It is not possible to mount the image split over several CDs (or DVDs) because when you mount the image it mounts the whole file system and all the files at once. You would have needed to insert all the CDs to let Acronis True Image read the content of the image or change the CD in the drive all the time, which is impossible. If your image is on external drive you will be able to mount it without any problems.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. niteghost

Are saying that I can use Explore to find any folder or file in my Backup Image and Restore it to my Primary Partition, if the Backup Image is stored in an External drive ?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello niteghost,

Yes, you can explore the image and copy files and folders from it if the image is stored on the external drive. The only limitation is that all the parts of the image (if it is split) should be on a single folder.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.