It is impossible to replace current virus signatures!!!!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mammamia, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mammamia

mammamia Guest

As in tiitle oof tjis thread NOD32 cannot update signatures. there' is an error. After installation it updtaes without errors and I have version 1154 of signatures. When I want to update to newest version there is an error during updating.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Is NOD set to choose servers automatically? Update, setup in the tray icon.

3. mammamia

mammamia Guest

Yes nod is setup to update automaticly with automatic server selection. Silent mode is turned off. There is tray icon.Nod loaded ok during windows booting.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. mammamia

mammamia Guest

Yes I wrote the errors in first post. NOD32 cannot replace current signatures. I deleted update dir and try to update again but without success. Same error:(((((( A week ago update process went ok.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Where was this dir you deleted? The event log should list the errors and it would be nice to know what they say before proceeding.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that you deleted the program files/eset/updfiles folder?

8. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    If updfiles folder is the one that is deleted then NOD in most cases won't be able to update (I tested this on many occasions). But if the folder's contents have been deleted then NOD will remain up-to-date and continue to update automatically (you may experience an update problem during next restart/boot)

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm sorry for the delay, had been off for 2 days.

So what happens if the updfiles folder is emptied and you download A NEWER update when available? Have you tried uninstalling NOD32, rebooting the machine, deleting the Eset folder and installing the latest version from Eset's website?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.