Istill cannot locate a browser!!!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Meeshalutz, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meeshalutz

Meeshalutz Registered Member

I have repeatedly tried to locate a browser since 9/17 and cannot. I have downloaded the Spybot, done all the necessary stuff, and still can't! Can anyone help me?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

can you be a little more specific on what you mean by (I can't find a browser).

3. Michelle

Michelle Guest

Whever I type in a web address I receive a error message saying that my computer cannot locate a browser. That is how I was led to TweakXP.com. Anyway, I downloaded and ran the Spybot Software...I still can't get anywhere on my computer though. I don't know what it is exactly that is causing the problem.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am taking it for granted that you are useing internet explorer. Yoy might try opening your internet options folder and see if it is set to check if it is the default browser. I know if I use a different browser than IE and don't set the default back to internet explorer I can't even open sub folders off of my desk top. It may not be your problem but who knows it might fix it for you. I sure hope so.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Michelle,

I hope I'm guessing right here. There has been a hijack taking people to a page recommending to read a thread at TweakXP.
    You can read how to fix it here:
    http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=12127
    and the background story here:
    http://www.imilly.com/google.htm#prevention

HTH,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.