Issues

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ljc1174, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljc1174

ljc1174 Registered Member

Well, I will try the uninstall of yahoo, will that affect bit defender at all if I remove it? will it take bit defender for yahoo as well?

I check cookies and hosts and restricted zones everytime the page loads, everytime cookies are reset, but not always do i have to re-add them to hosts and restricted.

TDS, I've tried runnig it three times since I logged in and it stops responding and locks up. I have to hit ctrl, alt, del to close it. What's up with that? NO, I haven't been able to purchase it yet. I just started a new job, my first pay won't be until the end of the month so hopefully my trial will last til then.

FanJ, hosts file is where it should be... I am running TDS now to check the netstat then I will add the hosts part. Yah, I actually understood what you said to do! :D... And I only had to read it one time! ROFL

I'm not sure if my system restore is working properly, the last time I tried to use it, I recieved a message saying I could not restore. I have all the updates and fixes for it. But obviously it doesn't mean much. I'll let ya know if a new system restore point is capable of being created. Thanx for the help guys!

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Lori,

Sorry to see you still encounter troubles!

A kind request:

would you mind posting questions on the appropriate forum(s)? TDS questions over on the TDS forum, BitDefender questions on the anti-virus forum, etc.

We will loose track otherwise ;).

Thanks,

paul

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Now i don't know which part of the questions i'm allowed to respond to here.

Yahoo messenger --- why and what is the connection to bitdefender? Are you using that as an anti-virus/anti-trojan or just the individual removal tools or as an online scanner?
    Any case of those is completely unrelated to the yahoo messenger we might hope; if not there is something really wrong.

I just ment to say look in the contact list and add your trusted contacts manually if possible after the re-install. In the meantime try to do some time without it and see if the same error happens again.
    Isn't one of the contacts connected with that d/l as homepage, to name an example?
    Also look in the registry if you find d/lalot or searchalot entries back.

I noticed this weekend with my ME system something like that what you experience with the system restore to an older point, i went through all older points but the thing kept telling it could not change a thing, while the error was really annoying.
    So i rebooted in MSDOS and initiated a new setup as last option. In this it checks the registry and makes a new one itself. After that you can stop, as that was what i needed to get back to origin.
    After that i could start without problems and made immediately a new restore point from that moment when all was found working correctly. After my copy of Internet Sweeper with few settings to be careful and a full TDS system scan.

Have all the updates and fixes? You mean you did via the windows update site i suppose?
    With a system restore you lose all what was done after that, including installed software, fixes, updates, so that must all be done again.
    With all the corrections being undone there seems to be disabled some writing part like in a blocked registry or the sysem sets itself back from before the changes without permission. RegisryProtection running?

Moved the TDS questions here
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=3687

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.