Issues with Trial version 2277

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stduc, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stduc

stduc Registered Member

I'm testing this out with a view to purchase. However I have already found the following issues. So purchase is looking unlikely at this stage.

I contacted support, but all they suggested was that I upgrade to the latest version. How? No links are available as it is the trial version.

Scheduled backups are not being done after a re-boot. I've set up a daily differential file backup of a single folder. It's there in the main window but never schedules!

I did an image backup of my C drive. I then tried to restore boot.ini to a new folder. All I could recover was an empty file! I mounted the image backup and could recover boot.ini successfully however!

Having done an image backup of drive C followed by a file backup of a folder on drive D I was switching between the two in recover, without actually recovering any files, when true image crashed!

I built the bootable recovery CD OK and tried to use it to recover a single file using my laptop across my network to the file backup I had made. As soon as I started the recovery process my laptop re-booted!

I'm using XP Pro SP2

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. stduc

stduc Registered Member

Version 2289 will not even see computers on my network from the recovery disk! So, a step backward I'm afraid.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stduc,

First of all please try the following workaround:

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add the "acpi=off noapic" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (do not remove the word "quiet") and click on the OK button.

If it doesn't help please create the sysinfo.txt file (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send it to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread. This would allow us to investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. stduc

stduc Registered Member

The network was seen and everything seemed OK when I tried without the need to press the f11 key (I was too slow!).

I also tried a file backup across my network backing up files from a networked PC. Acronis crashed!

On the whole I think I'll leave Acronis for now and check back in a month or so when hopefully it will be debugged!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.